The quality assurance policy of the School of Medicine is in accordance with the quality assurance policy of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTh) and is aimed towards the accomplishment of quality objectives regarding operational issues, and especially the planning and function of the undergraduate Curriculum (study program) of the School of Medicine. It is focused on the continuous improvement of the quality of the Curriculum as well as the educational, research, and administrative work, in order to adapt to contemporary academic and research requirements.
The School of Medicine is committed to enforcing a quality assurance policy that supports the academic vision and orientation of the Curriculum, and it is promoting with precision its aim and objectives, implementing its strategic goals and planning the required procedures and measures in order to achieve the ultimate goal of continuous improvement.
The goals of the Undergraduate Curriculum are:
- High level and good quality
ofstudies based on international criteria.
- Delivery of knowledge, with special emphasis on basic science, and on the clinical work, through modern educational practices, such as problem-based learning (PBL), and integration in medical education, alongside with advancing students’ critical appraisal, creativity, and investigative thinking.
- Right balance of in-depth and broad spectrum of knowledge.
- Familiarization with cutting edge knowledge and conducting laboratory and clinical work, in combination with international-level research projects.
The accomplishment of the above-mentioned objectives is the core aim of the School of Medicine and this is feasible through the high academic standard of its faculty members and the active participation of its students in various activities.
More specifically, annually, under the coordination of the Internal Evaluation Committee, all the Committees and Administrative Bodies of the School of Medicine, cooperate in data collection and analysis (qualitative and quantitative) regarding the implementation of the curricula and course programs of the different levels (undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral), students’ progress, the new appointments and advancement of faculty members and the other academic, scientific, and research staff, the research outcome of the Medical School at a personal and cumulative level, and any other issue relevant to the function and fulfillment of the anticipated goals of the Medical School. The internal evaluation results and conclusions are presented annually during a special session of the General Assembly of the Medical School, where the necessary correctional interventions and improvements are decided.
The goals and the quality assurance policy of the Curriculum are publicly available online through the School of Medicine’s official website under the link “Quality Policy”.
The Quality Assurance Policy is realized with:
This policy mainly supports:
AUTh Cornerstones of quality assurance policies:
- Continuous quality improvement in education and research
- Constant improvement in the quality of processes and provided services
- Constant improvement in the quality of life and quality of work within Aristotle University
- Transparency at all levels
- Dissemination of Aristotle University achievements to the society and the government, as well as to the international academic community.